Grandma always told me when I was hiccupping that someone just mentioned me in a conversation. Yeah, I don’t believe that, but it’s pretty annoying when this hiccupping doesn’t stop. I know that are a lot of causes leading to this state, and I followed myself to see the disturbing factor of my hiccups. And I discovered that after I eat bread or baking products, and I don’t drink water before eating, hiccups installs. Well, it’s not the main reason of hiccups, but it’s a fact.
So, I researched for some tricks to get rid of this annoying problem, and they kind of work, and I would like to share it with you.
1. Hold your breath as long as possible, but less than 20 minutes, or breathe deeply and often.
2. Drink a glass of cold water or take a small sips of Melissa water.
3. Stick your tongue out for a couple of minutes. Yes, it’s embarrassing but it works.
4. If hiccups start at home, you can apply ice, warm water or even mustard on your belly, near the navel area. Let this compresses for 5 minutes to act, and hiccups will be long gone. I always try the mustard method.
5. Another option is to swallow small ice cubes. I never tried this one, but one of my colleagues did, and he said is working. So, worth trying it!
Image Credits: Huffingtonpost